Location: Romulus, MI
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a new Dispatcher for our client's Romulus dispatch department. The Dispatcher will be responsible for using routing software to establish daily trucking routes that make required stops outlined in customer contracts. The successful candidate for this position needs to be able to adjust to last minute changes and work with drivers to schedule emergency pick-up or delivery for new or established clients when necessary. He/She will be responsible for effective daily communication with drivers, including those ran by subcontractors; to maximize on time performance and productivity; demonstrate effective use of scheduling software; two-way radio communication; telephone, and data analysis skills.
- Monitor specific charts and daily graphs to ensure that all routes and daily tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance.
- Customer complaint resolution.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Communicate with Management as needed to maximize efficiencies and resolve issues.
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse group of individuals to successfully achieve the goals of the dispatch department.
- Ability to work independently and follow direction.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional weekends and holidays.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to use Microsoft applications
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email your resume in word format by clicking here.
Back to List